Enabling government officials, political parties, and civil society groups to connect with and respond to their constituents and members online
Civi Powers Contact Management and Communication
Organizations are all about people. To be effective in driving social change, leaders need to know who their supporters are, understand their concerns, know how to reach and mobilize them, and target undecided citizens. Civi, a constituent relationship management (CRM) system, keeps track of relationships and enables easy outreach and input via SMS, Facebook Messenger, and email. Civi can help political parties, civic organizations, and elected officials manage daily operations, engage in mass communication, coordinate campaigns, plan activities and events, raise funds, and view reports on all those activities. Civi is used by over 10,000 non-profits and has been deployed by NDI in over 30 countries.
Overview of Features
- Communicate via multiple channels, such as Facebook Messenger, SMS, email, and printed mail merge.
- Manage casework and organize campaigns.
- Available in dozens of languages, including English, French, Spanish, Ukrainian, Arabic, Russian, and more.
- Accessible online from anywhere with minimal bandwidth requirements.
- Strong access controls can limit access to targeted individuals.
- Secure sign-in with two-factor authentication.
- Updated Shoreditch theme makes Civi more accessible, inclusive, and user-friendly.
Facebook Messenger Extension
- Helps political parties, members of parliament and civic groups connect affordably with constituents where they are often most active - Facebook.
- Enables civil society organizations to build out their membership databases and volunteer lists directly.
- Political parties can mobilize potential voters where they already exist and gather direct feedback to better inform outreach strategy and policy communications.
- Government officials can set up “conversations” with constituents to answer common questions.
Civi in Action
Since 2015, NDI has partnered with various political parties and members of parliament in Ukraine to train them on Civi, which has allowed them to manage engagement, communicate with broad networks, identify key supporters, and track the history of member activities. Civi promotes campaign best practices and new tactics, such as A/B testing of political messages and voter mobilization. Next steps for NDI in Ukraine will be to create voter files, conduct surveys, organize e-petitions, canvass voters, and manage phone banks through Civi. NDI regularly solicits input from our Ukrainian partners in order to improve the functionality of Civi. Read the full story here.